Northern Lights TSA has worked in collaboration with the White Rose Maths Hub to deliver mathematics continuing professional development and establish primary teacher research groups.
Our Maths Hub Co-ordinator led attendees in mini Teacher Research Groups around the four operations using Shanghai principles.
Possible future provision includes:
- Introduction to Bar Modelling
- Growth Mindset and Mastery Approaches
- Support with Singapore Text Books
- Individual Teacher Support
- Developing Fluency, Reasoning & Problem Solving
- Maths Across the Curriculum
The Northern Lights TSA Director last year chaired a working group funded by Yorkshire Ridings Maths Hub. Collaborating with schools across the region (Harrogate Grammar, St John Fisher Catholic High School, Shipley College, South Craven School and SGHS), they looked at new courses and participation in Post 16 mathematics.